Saturday, December 3, 2011

IF Traveling = Fun, NOT x Traveling = NOT x Fun?

This blog is about balancing the equations. But why this particular equation? Well... particularly because the NOT terms have been increasingly getting involved in my itineraries. 


"Life is a journey", says some old book of proverbs. "But in the end what matters more is the journey itself", says an advertisement in BBC's Travel and Living.


I subscribe to both cult followings. The old and the new. The ancient and the young. But what I despise is one eating into another, which essentially manifests itself in leaving me with no choices. The "wise and old" people reprimanding me in taking a path. They urge me to take the time tested path, the path traversed many a times. Me the explorer, researcher fights against it. Something we call, radical structural research :D I want to try something different. The destination is just same, but my journey is different. I'm lured by the enthusiasm and the energy of the youth. But I'm guided to the same ends of the wise men.


To listen to the bells that sound,
To see the elements that guide,
In fire, water, air, earth and sky,
I see the 3 stars that shine.


PS: NOT can be expressed as a rational number in the form of p/q where q is not equal to zero. Duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment